Of course, I admit my bias - I do like the idea of that mythic love affair. (and yes, I know that's not RL - but since I've bought the idea of a guy who can fly, I'm buying the mythic love affair too.)

LOL, Carol. Seems a fair enough POV. laugh

But perhaps this is part of what separates us. The thing that drew me to L&C, and kept me watching, was the fact that they set the Superman myth into a contemporary, real-life situation. Everything, bar the action and the flying, was as real as they could make it. I could suspend disbelief at the ludicrous monster-of-the-week stuff, the superhuman feats, and the embarrasingly stupid pseudo-science, because the rest of it was so realistic. They gave us Perry's marital problems, Lois's alcoholic mother, Jimmy's youthful attempts at relationships, Lex Luthor's complex, smooth, business-man villain, Jonathan's angst over Martha's life art classes, and so on.

So I don't need the mythic love affair. I'm enough of a romantic that I pretty much always want Lois and Clark to be together by the end of the story, but I don't mind how many twists and turns they take to get there. That's part of the realism I enjoyed so much in L&C.

Yvonne