I don't believe in 'mythic love affairs' either. I don't believe in soul mates or even that people get married and stay in love with their spouses for the next forty years. In fact, I think being 'in love' is nothing more than a chemical reaction in the human brain which is meant to feed our instinctual need to reproduce (talk about sucking the romance out of it laugh )

And I really don't know much about other versions of Superman. I have never been much of a Superman fan. What I am is a Lois and Clark fan.

But the show, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman did present Lois and Clark as soul mates - that they were destined to meet and fall in love life time after life time. Is it realistic? No. Is it part of the reason I love the story? Yep.

On the other hand, I like it when writers put them through hell and back before they end up together. (Does that make me a romantic or a sadist? laugh )

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane