I am northern born (Ohio) and went to college in Tennessee in the 1960s. I have seen a lot of history, and not all of it was civil. I was in Chattanooga when Martin Luthur King was killed in Memphis. I watched a town explode in a negative way in reaction to frustration.

I love jo-jo's pictures. The pure joy on the faces with the tears streaming is a wonder. Most of us, white and black alike, never thought we would see a day when a educated, articulate man with a mixed heritage (which should make him more ready for this job than anyone before him) could successfully win an election to become our president.

To those who did not vote for him, remember that the last president who seemed to have the gift of gab and little else working for him was a very good president. I am referring to Ronald Reagan. Who would have thought that an actor and the president of the screen actors guild would amount to anything. Let's all sit back and give him our support and hope that with our help and prayers, he too will become the healing force that we need right now in this country.

Pat