Carol, please re-read my earlier post. At no point did I say that you introduced the thread. What I said was that if you and Ann want to continue that discussion, please take it elsewhere.

Let me be clear on this. You and Ann were included in my earlier post not because you'd done anything wrong with your posts, but simply because between you, you'd embarked on a whole new topic of discussion that could easily blossom and take over the thread and I thought you might want to continue it elsewhere as you both seemed to find it an interesting topic all on its own.

It was an invitation to continue, not an admonition to stop. If I inadvertently hurt any feelings by that inclusion, or anyone misunderstood my intent there then I'm sorry about that. Nor was it an order to continue. laugh If, as it turns out, neither of you are as interested in the subject as it seemed, there's no onus on either of you to discuss it any further. Entirely up to you guys!

Yes, the subject can be broad-ranging. But this thread is not intended to be a broad-ranging discussion on civil rights, nor was it Wendy's intent to make it so. I thought that Wendy had made that fairly clear. So, to pin this down completely, all I'm saying is, if you want to discuss another aspect of that subject, beyond Obama's win, please start a new thread for it or use one of the existing political threads.

I know that we don't normally insist on topics being kept on topic, so it may have come as a bit of a shock to be asked to do it this time around. goofy And that's why no one in this thread did anything wrong by not keeping on topic, because you're not likely to expect it. It's just not usually something we are particularly concerned with on this forum. Unlike others who can bounce on you from a large height if you so much as include a sentence that might waver a little from the topic.

But in this case, I think it's justified.

Thanks.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers