A few years ago (must have been the beginning of July), when I moved back from San Diego to New Hampshire, my friend and I took two weeks to travel the country by car.

Our route was: San Diego to Los Angeles to San Francisco, where we stayed for a couple of days to tour the city and visit Alcatraz. From there we went to Las Vegas, then on to the Grand Canyon, the Petrified Forest etc. Next planned stop was New Orleans (of course we ended up staying in additional towns along the way). From there we went to Washington, DC and last but not least Boston.

Amazingly enough that trip wasn't even all that expensive. I think we paid $1,000 each, including gas, hotels, food, and sightseeing. Of course it helped that we didnĀ“t have to rent a car.

I have also been to Rhode Island (Tennis Hall of Fame), Florida, New York City, Niagara Falls, and Chicago.

Thankfully I lived in the US for several years to be able to make all these trips.

I love every place I have been to and I still want to see Seattle, Yosemite, Mt Rushmore, and Denver. No idea when I will be able to that though since i am back in Germany now.

I wish you a terrific time. Let us know where you have decided to go, ok?

Natascha