I adore Boston and I know I've mentioned it before, but I can't help but go fangirl on it. I lived there for four years and would just love the opportunity to be back. Boston in the fall (October mainly) is just amazing. The weather is cool, the people are out, there's tons of activities and the foliage is just breathtaking--especially if you walk through the posh neighborhoods in the back bay. The back bay, the charles river, the restaurants, the art museums. If it's culture you want to see Boston has it up the wazoo. The city has an elegance and a history that is hard to find anywhere else in the US. At the same time the fact that there are 50+ colleges around that area guarantees that it remain a vibrant, young city.

I sound like a tourist brochure don't I? *Sigh* I just love that city.

Moving on--I did a loop two summers ago from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon area and back through Arizona etc. The Grand Canyon didn't impress me much, it was full of people and really didn't strike me as wonderful. Interesting, but not something I'd go specifically to. However, there are a lot of other parks that make it worth visiting. In the loop I made we went to Bryce Canyon, Zion Park, Sedona (a cute town in Arizona if I'm not mistaken), and some other places. Together they made some awesome sights. So if possible I would try to hit up several locations instead of spending 4 days at the Grand Canyon and looking at it from all sides like my mother wanted so desperately to do wink .

But enjoy, traveling is always an adventure.

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png