What makes me laugh - after a bunch of heavy eye-rolling - is seeing people in deep cell phone conversations while shopping in the grocery store.
LOL, Lynn. Funnily enough, that's the only use for a mobile that I actually appreciate. <g> The shopping conversation is probably the most amount of talking Stuart and I do on the thing. goofy

"Hey...just remembered, forgot to add fish cakes to the list..."

"It's me. They've only got green apples, not red. You want those? Or will I not bother?"

And so on. Dreadfully dull, but I do appreciate that when he's left the house and I get that 'duh' moment I have a means to contact him before he comes home without the one ingredient I really needed that week. (Which is, naturally enough, the one I always forget to add to the list :rolleyes: )

Admittedly, it's also handy for finding him when he's out and about and I've had a craving, so I can say, "You want to be a sweetheart and nip into the garage and get me some chocolate on your way home...?"

Hmmmmmmmm. Maybe they're not entirely useless after all. wink

Personally, I think cell phones are contributing to the destruction of society. Work that used to end at 5 or 6 o'clock can now continue around the clock since everyone can be reached at any time.
This, however, is one of my major annoyances with the things. I've lost count of the number of times I hear Stuart on the mobile only two seconds after getting out of bed. Or he's just in the door from work and not even sat down to dinner when it rings and it's some union business needing urgently attended to. Drives me nuts. One day, I think I'm going to hide the thing till at least a couple of hours after he's home. Except, he'd probably have an anxiety attack wondering what happened to it. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers