Ethnica,

The family plan would be a good plan if my sister and I were both kids. My sister and I are both adults, and I paid for my phone for years. But I told my mom that if she pays for my sister's exorborant spending, she had to pay for my phone, too. (i've never sent a text message or downloaded anything, and I've never gone over my allocated minutes). My mom and I are on a family share plan with Cingular that is actually really cheap. My mom refuses to let my sister into that because she would use all of our minutes. It is also kind of fun to watch my mom try to get the extra $100/month from her -- she doesn't really make any money working her two waitressing jobs and tanning every day and getting her nails done once a week, and her hair hilighted every two weeks.

My dad doesn't have a cell phone, and he freaks out whenever he hears us talking about the bill. I can her him in my head saying, "Why do we pay for Jenny's phone? She is 22 years old!"

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve