What makes me laugh - after a bunch of heavy eye-rolling - is seeing people in deep cell phone conversations while shopping in the grocery store. Personally, I need to concentrate while shopping. But regardless of that (perhaps I'm slower than the average bear), can't those people go for fifteen whole minutes without speaking to someone else? Are they really that freaked out by being alone?

I have a cell phone that I carry when I need to be reached (in case a kid turns up sick at school) or if I need to be able to call out in emergency (driving on a long trip) but for the most part, I don't use it. It's funny, though, that I'll always answer my cell phone but might not answer the land line because I don't get sales calls on the cell, and I've only given my cell number to those who I really do want to talk to. I always tell Ken to call the cell if I don't answer the land line because it could be I'm screening undesirables. wink

Funny how we all managed to make it to the year 2005 without always being able to be reached 24/7. Personally, I think cell phones are contributing to the destruction of society. Work that used to end at 5 or 6 o'clock can now continue around the clock since everyone can be reached at any time. I can't tell you how many calls my husband has gotten from work while he's on vacation. My attitude - only bother me on vacation if the building has burned down and there is no need for me to return on Monday.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah