I completely agree with everyone else, this episode was horrible. The plot was completely unbelievable, for all the reasons already mentioned by others. And they never explained why Evan was aging so quickly, not even one of their usual oversimplified and bizarre kryptonite mutant explanation. And how in the world did Evan learn to read and speak overnight?

Aside from all the plot issues, the scene that most bothered me was the one when Lana and Martha were in the hospital room with Lana holding the baby. Why was Martha peering over Lana's shoulder with her hands behind her back? She looked like she had never taken care of a baby before and didn't want to touch the baby lest she upsets him, as opposed to a mother of a teenager. Plus, she looked like she was only mildly interested in the baby as opposed to a woman who really wants children.

And then there was not a single scene of Martha or Jonathon taking care of the baby. Who in their right mind would leave a newborn baby with Clark, a teenager who had zero experience with babysitting? Yeah, Jonathon was in the barn but still ... They make taking care of a baby sound so easy.

Simba

Check out my social-networking game I created just for FoLCs: http://folc.mindkin.com