Superman's super powers are all implausible, but this is a fantasy, so I've just cavalierly discarded my disbeliefs and enjoyed the fun. But there is one episode that really bothers me because it takes Supes' remarkable vision and changes it in mid-stream, so to speak.

In Sex, Lies and Videotape, a bomb under a conference table is about to explode in Metroplis. S. has just rescued Lois at their mountain get-away. S. takes a shard of broken mirror, tosses it into the air, bounces his vision off the mirror surface at just the proper angle to reach the building in Metropolis where the bomb is. The vision then passes through a window, penetrates the table and burns through the wire of the detonator thus defusing the bomb.

So his vision can reflect off glass, be a gps, pass through glass, penetrate solid objects and then burn solid objects all in one burst. I find this whole scenario extremely annoying. However I must confess that I made use of that remarkable visual ability in a story. Shameless!

smile Jude

dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell