To me, Batman is almost more implausible than Superman. With Superman, we know that he has these impossible powers and we know that there is no way of rationally explaining them. Some people scoff at Superman precisely because he is "impossible". But the same people who dismiss Superman as an impossible fantasy may embrace Batman because he is "real". But truly and honestly, Batman isn't "real". He is a lone vigilante without a large organisation behind him, and so many of the things he does all on his own and without the help of any sort of superpowers are completely and utterly impossible for a human being.

To me, Superman makes sense if you accept his superpowers. What doesn't make sense to me about him is the fact that he can lead a double life without ever getting outed. But Batman, in my opinion, doesn't make sense at all.

Superman is the guy we are asked to believe in just for fun. Batman is the guy we are asked to believe in pretty much for real, even though he is totally impossible.

Flying Batman

Can this guy fly? He can't, but he does! Superman leaps tall buildings at a single bound. Batman leaps from tall buildings at a single bound!

[Linked Image]

Ann