Where is Mr. Wells when we need him?!!!
My dear fellow, it is with great regret that I must confess that some situations are beyond even my vast ability to repair.

The universe which the distraught Mr. White of Mr. Hatman's post had visited has not escaped my notice. However, I was deeply saddened to ascertain that, despite the apparent similarities, the Clark Kent of that universe is, in fact, not Clark Kent at all. It is true that a bizarre twist of fate granted the young man in question the same name, and even the same foster parents, as the Clark Kent and Superman that we all know and admire so well. But even a cursory examination of that unhappy dimension led me to the realisation that the Clark Kent of that world could, in fact, never aspire to the role of Superman. He is a troubled young man, to be sure, of uncertain origin. But he is not Kal-El of Krypton as we know it, and even my astonishing abilities cannot create substance where none exists.

I am pleased that Mr. White will recover from the traumatic experience of his stay in that sad reality. Needless to say, I would be delighted to offer my incomparable assistance if any further therapy proves necessary.

H.G. Wells

"Fools make researches and wise men exploit them." -- H.G. Wells, A Modern Utopia, ch. 2, sct. 5

"I love irony." -- Tempus, Tempus Fugitive