superman: so, let me get this straight... you're calling yourself "ultrawoman," and you're wearing a purple suit with lavender accents and a teal cape, and you think you have super powers.

lois: yes, exactly.

superman: and what have you had to eat or drink recently?

lois: just that water over there. why do you ask?

---

superman: wait, stop! that's not an ordinary bottle of water!

delivery man: what do you mean? sure it is. ... oh, it's you, superman. well, if you say so, i'll trust you. <drops the bottle and backs off, quickly.>

superman: just as i thought, lois. this is expensive imported mineral water. and the suits upstairs said they couldn't afford to give us a raise!

---

kal-el: hmm, odd. this substance appears to be dihydrogen monoxide. why would the earthlings keep it in such a prominent location? do you think it has some sort of cultural significance?

---

superman: hmm, yes. clever of him, but i've seen this trick before. the water coolant system has been replaced with a heating system, to excite the ion particles. it was sabatoge! that's why all the drinking water in town is lukewarm! ooo... he's sunk to a new low...

---

superman: ah-ha! the water in this tank has been spiked!

ultrawoman: with what? alcohol? poison? drugs?

superman: no, worse than that. it's... berry blue kool-aid.

---

superman: hey, wait a second... this water smells just like that stuff from the space rats, and that means... it's all mine!!

---

superman: yes... i see now... it was all a set-up, designed to lure us here...

ultrawoman: what is it? what's in the tank?

superman: water.

ultrawoman: water?

superman: yes. careful, lois. we're about to be asaulted with... water balloons!

---

superman: this stuff smells familiar. it smells like... what is it? ... i got it! eau de chat #7. wow. cat really buys her perfume in bulk, doesn't she?

---

UW: superman, wait! i think that barrel is full of miranda's pheremone perfume. if you smell it now, without your powers, you'll... wait, never mind. sniff to your heart's content, big guy.

---

superman: oh no! ultrawoman, you have to get this stuff out of here, fast!

UW: what is it?

SM: you don't want to know.

UW: just tell me.

SM: <whispering> it's... a leftover case of crystal pepsi.

---

<not sure about this one, but.. what the hey.>

SM: lois, quick! get this bottle out of here and replace it with a clean one!

UW: what? what is it?

SM: well, without my powers, it seems i'm vulnerable to...

UW: what?

SM: pollen. i just sneezed in the tank.

---

UW: is that what i think it is?

SM: yup. my next delivery of hair gel. what with air friction and all, i burn through this stuff faster than you'd believe.

(note: this caption inspired by a sudden memory of this story by bethy and shivasaavik.)

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.