Originally posted by Tank:

Tank (who points out that both Wonder Woman and Supergirl have died in the comics and both got better)
I don't know anything about Wonder Woman. But Supergirl came back from the dead? Really?

The Supergirl I grew up with was Linda Danvers. She well and truly died in a major DC story arc whose name I have forgotten. (Maybe Crisis on Infinite Earths?)

[Linked Image]

Yes, Crisis on Infinite Earths it was. Here Linda Danvers is dead, both as herself and as Supergirl.

Linda Danvers has never come back. Yes, the Supergirl character has been brought back, but she is "played by another girl", so to speak. To me, that doesn't mean that the girl who died has become alive again. Imagine that Clark Kent were to die. Then another guy comes along, named, oh, Brad Wilkins, and he becomes the new Superman. Does that mean that Superman has come back from the dead? Not if Clark Kent is the real person and the one that really matters. Similarly, you can kill Lois off and give Clark a new girlfriend. The "girlfriend function" has survived, even if the girl who used to be the girlfriend is dead.

So the way I see it, we have seen more than one Supergirl, but the Supergirl(s) that died have not come back again. Unless the new Supergirl has indeed died and risen from the dead without my noticing it.

Ann