1. What shall we call you? Lisa. I also answer to Elisabeth, but we already have one of those. (And outside this fandom I've never been able to say that!) In real life I have a few other nicknames, too - the joys of having a name like Elisabeth. (I actually do love my name, especially the spelling, although to this day my mom can't give me a satisfactory reason for spelling it with an 's'. And goodness I sure have rambled on in reply to such a simple question.)

2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic? I wrote my first story in the summer of 2006. August, I think.

3. Have you ever written fic for other shows? Not for other shows, but once upon a time I did write Titanic fic.

4. Current stories you're working on? Lois goes undercover at a bank, Lois is a CIA agent, Lois has a bad day. Those three have actual words on paper but no titles yet. I have two others in the pre-planning stages.

5. Your first fic? Damn Good Thing

6. Piece of work you're proudest of? Camera Obscura because it was the one that was the most difficult to write, and it ended up in a place I wasn't expecting.

7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing? See above.

8. Your greatest strengths as an author? I think that I'm pretty good at bringing realism into my fics. I try to use details that make the characters seem like real people in real situations. And I have a fairly decent grasp of grammar.

9. Your biggest weaknesses? A-plots. Even if I have a great idea it's hard for me to follow it through to a conclusion. And humor. I'm not a very funny person, really.

10. Preferred genre(s) to write? I'm not actually sure. Most of my fics have been waffy, but I think that goes back to my A-plot problems. If I could nail down a good idea, I think I'd really like writing more dramatic stuff.

11. Genre(s) you won't write? I'm not ruling anything out.

12. What makes a fic good for you? It has to have good grammar or I'm not going to read past the first sentence. After that, good characterization combined with a fresh plot will keep my interest.

13. What ruins a fic for you? I guess the opposite of the above!

14. Author you wish you could trade places with? I'm pretty happy being me, but there are certainly authors I admire. I love the way CC and Caroline make me laugh just with a turn of phrase, the way Sue can intertwine an A-plot and a B-plot together so beautifully, Nan and Terry's original story lines, Yvonne's dramatic flair and many, many more.

15. The best fic you've read recently? In Dreams . What a beautiful, original story! (And I probably should send Kaylle an email telling her that I think so. blush ) She wrote in her author's note "this was the first solution I came up with when I decided to find a way to make alt-Clark happy" and I thought, 'That was your first idea? Can I have your imagination, please?'

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds