I have been expanding my reading horizons lately and I realize that I don't know a lot of the authors. I thought it may be nice for us to have a little author discussion and get to know each other better.

You game? If so, answer the following questions. Bonus points for exposition. wink

1. What shall we call you?
2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic?
3. Have you ever written fic for other shows?
4. Current stories you're working on?
5. Your first fic?
6. Piece of work you're proudest of?
7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing?
8. Your greatest strengths as an author?
9. Your biggest weaknesses?
10. Preferred genre(s) to write?
11. Genre(s) you won't write?
12. What makes a fic good for you?
13. What ruins a fic for you?
14. Author you wish you could trade places with?
15. The best fic you've read recently?

Here are my answers:

1. What shall we call you? Jenn or Pinky

2. How long have you been writing L&C fanfic? Since Spring 2007.

3. Have you ever written fic for other shows? General Hospital, back in the late 1990s.

4. Current stories you're working on? Rules of Attraction, a nfic on this board, a yet-to-be-named Valentine's Day nfic, and This Ain't a Love Song, a George and Lynn story on Zoom's boards.

5. Your first fic? Inside Out, a nfic on this board.

6. Piece of work you're proudest of? This Ain't a Love Song. It's been more challenging than anything else I have ever written.

7. Piece of work you had the hardest time writing/finishing? Rules of Attraction. I started it right after I finished Inside Out and I think I had fic fatigue. I am going to finish it; I just need a break before I launch myself into another long L&C story.

8. Your greatest strengths as an author? I have good grammar, I have been told I write sex well (apparently, I put someone into labor with one of my nfic scenes, ha!) and I take my time writing. I don't believe in slapping up story after story just to raise my post count or make myself eligible in every Kerth category.

9. Your biggest weaknesses? A-plots. I am terrible at science and a lot of L&C's A-plots revolved around that. I am in awe of those that can weave a great A-Plot into a story. Also, I take my time writing, i.e., I blow my self-imposed deadlines in my quest to make things perfect.

10. Preferred genre(s) to write? Nfic, Season 4.

11. Genre(s) you won't write? Crossovers, stories that are too heavy on A-Plot.

12. What makes a fic good for you? A solid A-Plot interwoven with a solid B-Plot, understanding of the characters and respect for the show's canon, romance (even if it's just a hint of unresolved sexual tension).

13. What ruins a fic for you? No exposition, bad grammar (readability), highly implausible storylines.

14. Author you wish you could trade places with? Sue. No one writes sexual chemistry like her.

15. The best fic you've read recently? When Lovers Become More by Kathy B. I really enjoyed it, and its prequel, When Friends Become Lovers, by Kathy and Demi.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"