Hi, Carol, smile

If people are interested to get caught up on stories, the archive makes it easy to get the descriptors of the stories posted in the last few months - back to May. Perhaps Labrat or someone connected with the Archive could post a list fo the stories posted in the earlier months of this year?
The stories on the archive's What's New page do currently go back only to May (we prune the What's New page to keep it reasonably short and fast-loading), but earlier stories are still around in the What's New format. After they fall off the end of the list, we put them in their own monthly By Date pages. So stories from January to April 2006 are still accessible in the What's New format.

With By Date you can step back in time all the way to April 1996. Lois & Clark fanfic was already a few hundred stories old by the time the archive came into being, so it's harder to organize the earlier ones by date.

There's a link at the top of What's New pointing to the By Date pages, but I forgot to include the more obvious link at the bottom of the page when we moved to the new look. Just added it back. It's more intuitive, I think. Thanks for the jog. smile

I like your idea of writing reviews for stories, and also for finding ways to recommend older stories. The fanfic quote/opening lines games have been lots of fun. Wasn't there a recommendation recently for "Strange Visitors"? I went back and reread it the other day. It's one of my favorites. And one of my "if I were a movie producer" fantasy picks. smile

-- Lauren