Far from me to beat a dead horse, but... *g* Carol, I think you give my stories too much credit. smile I don't feel they've been cited that often, and I've frequently seen lists of recommended fanfics without my name attached to any of them. Not that I've kept count. laugh But anyway...

The thing is, if I say I like potatoes, it doesn't mean I don't like rice. It just means that tonight I've had fantastic potatoes and I want to tell the world how good they were. smile

I mean, it's like when Carol says she doesn't like Lois deathfics. That's absolutely fine. It's her taste, and I sure hope people who write Lois deathfic don't feel horribly hurt that Carol doesn't like the genre they enjoy writing. See what I mean? smile

It seems even less significant when you've got fanfic recommendations: Reader X recommends Story Z. Doesn't mean Story K isn't any good or that Reader X dismissed it. It just means Reader X might have just read Story Z and wants to recommend it to other readers who might enjoy it as well. The following day, Reader R might recommend Story K, for all we know. smile

Sure, if people want to start doing systematic reviews for every single story on the archive, I'll be an eager reader. However, I wonder why we just can't do things simply. We just can't walk on eggshells all the time. smirk Just like everyone else, I don't want to hurt people's feelings when I can avoid it. However, I think that censoring myself when I've loved a story and would like to recommend it is pushing it a bit too far. Because if we go there, then the Kerth Awards could equally hurt people who don't get nominated or win an award, and we might argue that since they might hurt some feelings, they have to go. smirk

Kae smile

ps: Carol, could you please avoid using my real name on the boards? No big deal, but I usually stick by my nick. Makes things easier all round. smile Ta!

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~