A few years back, we had fanfic recommendations posted on a regular basis. I wish we still had that, because it was nice to read about other people's impressions on their reading, and it would lead me to read stuff that I might not have taken the time to read in the first place.
Absolutely no reason why we can't have recommendations and, indeed, I'd hope people would still begin threads asking for recs or offering up recs on fic they may have read outside this forum, on other sites. I'd definitely miss them if they didn't! They've often pointed me to some great stories I'd otherwise have missed.

I'd love, in fact, to see a rec thread for some of the older fic on the Archive. The stuff that nowadays gets missed just because of the length of time it's been there, but deserves the recognition.

There is a section for author's to recommend their favourite fanfic from other authors in the Writers' Showcase Interview forms. We've begun a new batch of interviews recently. So look out for those being uploaded to Annesplace in the near future! We've already had some terrific interviews back and I believe the first of them will be uploaded to the website soon. Watch out for updates here in the Fanfic Related folder.

This is exactly why I asked at the beginning if it was ok to do this! I was trying to avoid ... this.
Technically, Lisa, it is okay to do this! laugh You've broken no rules of the forum at all. And you can't be telepathic and predict what reaction every single board member is going to have to a thread you begin. (Unless, of course, it's a predictable attempt to provoke, wink which doesn't describe this thread at all). If we didn't post because we worried about that, we'd post nothing at all.

So, basically, as far as this particular thread goes, it's simply down to whether you continue on as you intended, or decide to cede to the request of other board members, not to. If you take the latter course, it would be a courtesy, but that's all. And there are good reasons, now and then, for doing just that, of course.

But there's no official reason why you shouldn't discuss particular stories. smile It's entirely up to you.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers