First, let me state (and I'm not talking as Kerth Coordinator or as a Boards administrator here, but as a simple Lois and Clark fan and fanfic writer and reader, so that's only worth my .02 eurocents and has absolutely no official value!) that I've never minded reading about other people's recommendations. Quite the opposite. smile I enjoy seeing what other readers think of fanfics I've read or have yet to read. And you can't say it's because my stuff is being quoted, because that's usually not the case. goofy There are so many stories out there anyway. huh

What I mean is that personally, I've never seen that as lobbying for personal favourites. To me, those threads are more like the reviews on amazon.com. When I've read a book I've enjoyed, I want to tell other people that I've enjoyed it and why.

A few years back, we had fanfic recommendations posted on a regular basis. I wish we still had that, because it was nice to read about other people's impressions on their reading, and it would lead me to read stuff that I might not have taken the time to read in the first place.

Anyway, now as Kerth Coordinator, a bit of clarification: it's never too early to discuss the Kerth Awards, if just to get everyone in the mood. smile The list of eligible stories comes out in early January, and the quizzes take place between January and February, until nominations start. A final list of categories will also be released in early January. smile

Kaethel smile
Fanfic reader first and foremost
(and occasionally Kerth Coordinator, but just for the last paragraph of this post smile )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~