Oh, and BTW there still is a Superwoman, and an Ultraman in the current comics. They are part of the Crime Syndicate which rules an alternate dimension (Earth 3 I believe). They are aided by Owlman, Power Ring, and a copy of the Flash whose name I forget.
That's interesting because it wasn't at all clear in the encyclopedia whether the characters were still being used or not in contemporary comics. Oh, and the Flash counterpart is listed as Johnny Quick Man. How come the others get relatively cool names and he gets stuck with that one? confused

Many people think that Superwoman is the evil version of Wonder Woman, and power-wise she probably is, but she is actually a Lois Lane.
Yeah, and that's what stopped me in my tracks when I was skipping around through the book. Particularly since I think I was looking up Lois Lane references at the time I found the page on the Crime Syndicate. wink My little old brain almost couldn't handle the overload of implications . . . and possibilities. The #1 question being whether the writers on L&C had any inkling that there was an Ultraman/Superwoman combination in existence in the comics when they came up with the name Ultawoman.

Probably not. But still . . . we can dream, can't we? laugh

And while we are talking about comic crossovers, one thing I've always been of two minds about is that L&C was stopped from making use of many of the "major" characters from the comics. Most notably Batman. Part of me does believe that that lack may actually be an important characteristic that gives L&C it's rather unique flavor, maybe even second only to Lois being an equal partner in flavoring the series. And probably the two things go hand-in-hand because keeping the series from being overrun with a multitude of other "super" beings certainly does help keep Lois front and center through all four seasons. OTOH, there are so many interesting comic book characters that we never got a chance to see the pair interact with while retaining their L&C personas and universe.

Of course, that's exactly what fan fiction is for, isn't it? evil

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"