LabRat, Lois had a cat in the comics
Yes, that was my point. I don't know why I knew she had a cat in the comics, because I've never read them, but I did and that was why I suspected Cherryh had used the comics and not the show for the basis of her novel - because in her novel Lois had a cat and she didn't in LNC. QED. goofy

The book was done strictly for the money. I've read other books by the author which I have enjoyed and so was surprisingly disappointed in the bland, and uninteresting mess that was put forth.

It had a nice jacket cover though.
That pretty much sums up my entire feelings about it, Tank. I loved the cover, but the novel sucked. I had previously read Cherryh's 'Gates' novels and although they weren't enormous favourites I did really enjoy them and have read them more than once. So this book was a huge disappointment. It is hard to escape the conclusion that it was a rushed out job to cash in on the show.

I haven't read the Friedman novels, because I haven't read any novels or short stories that were really based on the TV series. What were the titles of these novels? Did you appreciate their take on Lois and Clark?
TOC, there were three novels - Exile, Deadly Games and Heat Wave. I think the author's full name was Michael J. Friedman. As I say, they were 'young adult' orientated so they were never going to be deep. <g> But, yes, they were lightweight but good fun and I thought they were enjoyable. The characterisations were spot on that I recall and I'd call them worth the money. If you're interested in such things, each book had a photo section in the middle. In the US version they were black and white and in the UK version, colour.

Although, for less, you can get a lot of fanfic which are worth even more, of course. No novel is as good value as online fanfic imo. <g>

You can find the details on them here , but they are pretty rare and OOP now, I think. Ebay might be your best bet if you want them and you might have to wait a while.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers