It is when I read stories where Lois almost, or actually, marries Luthor, or where Clark leaves Lois to go to Krypton to fight a war, that I am really reminded that on some level at least, I really am more of a comic book fan than a L&C:TNAOS fan.
I'm not completely sure this reasoning works, though, because I'm certainly not a fan of the comic book Superman - even if I did a copy of the DC Comics Encyclopedia for Christmas blush - and I had/have major problems with those two storylines on L&C even though I've probably at least alluded to them in fan fictions once or twice.

Personally, I've never thought Lois, and particularly the Lois of the pilot episode, would've gotten involved with Lex Luthor . . . she was too suspicious of everyone's motives. And she wasn't that needy, either, that she had to fall for Lex's line. Neurotic at times, yeah, but Clark was right, where did the great investigative reporter go when it came to Lex?

And don't even get me started on the reasoning behind Clark's leaving for New Krypton. His logic was hard enough to swallow but, by the same token as the earlier situation with Lex, I kept wondering where that great investigative reporter known as Mad Dog Lane had gone in looking at the story behind the story the NK were dishing out. I mean it was just too bizarre that they had to have him or else. I love L&C's Clark and Superman but really, any advanced civilization that couldn't survive without him ruling it is just downright pathetic any way you look at it. :rolleyes:

So, no, I don't believe having problems with any of the storylines on the series has anything to do with being a comic book fan or not. We probably each have a list of the episodes we think stink, one way or another. wink

On the other hand, devoted as I am to the series, I also think there's a wealth of things from the comics that can play very well into a L&C story if and when they're pertinent. And they don't have to be current comic info either. For instance, one of the first tidbits I pounced on in that encyclopedia was the existence of a Superwoman and an Ultraman in some alternate universe or other in the 1960s, I think. Ultraman was surprise enough but my poor heart just about stopped when I read the description of Superwoman. Oh, my, the L&C possibilities. laugh

BevBB :-)
"B. B. Medos"