Okay, my holiday frazzled brain is trying to remind me that there were actually two separate attempts at novelization but I'm drawing a blank on specific details. Was there a long book by Cherryl and a separate set of short novels by a different author(s)? Or am I imagining that? If there was, then it's the longer book I'm thinking of because the short ones weren't all that bad if I remember correctly.
There were three Friedman novels - they were a little teen-orientated and light on plot, but they were pretty good reading. The Cherryh novel was a major disappointment.

The point being that it was obvious the Cherryl book was NOT based on L&C. What exactly it was based on, I don't exactly know because I couldn't finish it. It was just such a letdown that she didn't even seem to know anything about the source material.
Agreed. It seemed to me as I was reading that it was based on the comics more than anything else. Lois had a cat, for example. And I certainly found myself throughout constantly going, "Huh? What? Since when?" I was angry at having paid money for a book which advertised itself as being based on LNC when it was patently clear that Cherryh had never seen the show or used it as her source material. mad razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers