LabRat, Lois had a cat in the comics at about the time when she and Clark got engaged in the comics in 1990. The cat - whose name was Elroy, as Tank said - stayed for a couple of years, but then it just sort of disappeared, and no one, including Lois, seemed to notice it was gone. Yeah, well, that sort of things have happened in the comics more than once, believe me. That may be how I learnt that you can't take the concept of rigorous continuity too incredibly seriously when you are reading about Lois and Clark.

I haven't read the Friedman novels, because I haven't read any novels or short stories that were really based on the TV series. What were the titles of these novels? Did you appreciate their take on Lois and Clark?

Oh, and Beverly, thanks for pointing out the utter stupididty of the whole New Krypton arc. Clark knows zilch about New Krypton's language, culture, society, history, traditions, religion, political system etc etc, and yet he accepts - and Lois accepts - that he is the only one who can save this world because he was born to be their leader? The only conclusion they should have drawn from this is that the Kryptonian society isn't worth saving.

Ann