This is so interesting to read, because it shows me that writers come at a story from really different angles.

When I have an idea in my head, I never really think much about whether or not anyone will want to read it or if it fits into what might be "popular" at the moment. Usually, a story that I write is a story that I'd like to read, so my stories reflect *my* personal tastes.

Since A-plots for me (and I'm very much speaking only for myself!) are enjoyable to read only in as much as they involve the LnC relationship, I tend not to write intricate A-plots that are not simply tools to further the B-plot. Kind of like watching an LnC episode - I always skipped over the A-plot stuff unless it showed LnC in some stage of their relationship. For example, in Lucky Leon when Lois and Clark on on stakeout. This is part of the A-plot, but I love to watch it because what it reveals about LnC's advancing relationship. When morning comes and the story switches focus back to the bad guys, I hit the fast-forward button.

But I do know that there are many, many readers out there who love A-plots. Just like there are those who love mysteries or true-crime dramas or espionage stories, etc. Variety is the spice of life.

I guess I'm saying that I would hope writers don't walk away from a story idea they are excited about simply because they think there is no readership for it. Doing that kind of creates a circular situation. People who like to read A-plot stuff will leave when there are no offerings, leading to a group of readers and writers leaning toward B-plot heavy stories, which in turn makes it look as if no one wants to read A-plot stuff anymore.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah