I was just heading off for bed, but thought I'd pop in for a moment, and then saw this and couldn't resist answering, since I think I know at least half of this *fantastic* story by heart... It's First Comes Marriage, by M.L. Thompson.

He'd grabbed some supplies from the conference room shelves, and, less than a minute later, handed her the envelope.

Her curiosity had eaten at her, but, remembering the trust that her partner had put in her, she'd kept it hidden and sealed. She'd almost opened it when Clark had died, but couldn't bring herself to do it. When Superman had brought him back, she'd been glad that she'd held off. Now, over a year later, he'd finally told her that she could open it. The fact that he'd given permission in lieu of an excuse confirmed her suspicion that at least one of the two secrets in the envelope had something to do with his disappearing act.

Slowly, almost reverently, she opened the envelope. Inside were two scraps of paper. Each had three words on it. "I am Superman." "I love you."
KathyM smile1

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5