Shamefaced admission... I am positive that this is one of mine, and written within the last two years, but I haven't a clue which story! razz

Okay, Jill, do your worst... cat

Edit: Okay, I cheated. I used the search facility on my hard drive to find a phrase in my documents folder. blush It's Happy New Tears, by me.

Okay, here's one I really like:

"You said you loved me because I was like Clark... because you saw Clark in me," he clarified, taking a step towards her.

She glared. "Oh, I'm sure that would make Clark feel a lot better about my being in love with another man."

"I'm sure it would," he said softly. "More than you know."

She was looking at him with fear now, her eyes wide. "Please, Superman, take me home. I-- I don't want to talk about this anymore. I don't want to hurt Clark."

He was advancing slowly, steadily now, and she shrank back from him. "You won't," he said softly, his hand coming up to touch her cheek. "I'm him." And his lips came swiftly down on hers.

Lois started sputtering, which made for a rather strange result, given that she and Superman were liplocked.

But there was something so familiar about his kiss. And she'd wanted this for such a long time. She leaned into the kiss, and when he tentatively deepened it, she gave in with a soft sigh. This felt so *right*. So wonderful. There was something about kissing this man that made the whole beach spin away around her, until only she and Superman were left in the world.

In fact, the kiss felt an awful lot like the one wonderful kiss...she'd shared with Clark.

She came back down to Earth with a thud.

"What?!" she asked, not understanding.

"I said," Clark said slowly, "you won't hurt Clark...because I'm him."

"You're who?"

"Him."

"Him who?"

"Clark!" he burst out. "I'm Clark!"
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*