Carol, This was great! I loved so much about this chapter. I loved Lois' nightmare (not that I want her to have nightmares, but it was just so realistic). I loved Clark's confession to Lois about the few times he hasn't been 100% honest with her. I loved that their relationship is now strong enough that she could hear those things and know that when he said those were the only times, it was true. I loved Lois' attack on Mayson. And I loved that Lois felt guilty afterwards as she's just not naturally that mean.

I do think Mayson needed to hear it, but I'm hoping that now that they are about to talk, Mayson and Lois could be friends. I'm bringing up feelings about Mayson from the show in here, but I've always liked her. She always seemed a bit sad to me - a woman who was in love with Clark (and come on, it's not like Clark is not the type of man women fall in love with) who happened to be in love with someone else. This doesn't make her intrinisically evil and as Clark said here, I think she's basically a good person. I even think while her letter to Clark may have hurt Lois, that's not what she intended. She felt like Clark was stuck in a loveless marriage, she loved him and thus thought perhaps he'd want to know that there was another option.

I'm hoping this talk with Mayson and Lois will both enable Lois to see that Mayson is a good person and Mayson to see that Lois and Clark are rock-solid so she can be friends with them and get over Clark.