Happy, waffy, relieved sigh. smile Whew! You didn't kill Lois after all. You know, Wendy, for all that pretence of being thrilled that Lex got me rid of Lois so that I could get my hands on Clark (before it got snatched away from me by absolutely evil others), I can't help but love this final part. smile

First, there was this line, which never fails to make me laugh no matter how many times I re-read it:

“What’s the problem, Lane?” the officer enquired, sounding distracted.

“It’s currently lying tied up on my apartment floor, actually,” she told him.
Then there's the end of the exchange between Lois and Bill Henderson, where you can see a glimpse of their relationship that is rarely shown. They really do respect each other a lot, and care for the other's safety.

Then there's this other bit, which is one of the most romantic love-confessions I've read so far.

Sliding his hands down her arms, he linked his hands with hers, intertwining their fingers. She gazed up at him, her eyes wide with concern for him.

For him! After all that she’d gone through this evening!

“Lois.” He heard the faint choke in his voice, and paused to take another steadying breath. “Lois, I love you.”
It was low-key, but it fitted perfectly into this context. I could feel Clark's weariness and hear the relief in his voice, sense the fear still in him that he had almost lost her, and the relief that he had not almost got there too late, that he needn't feel guilty for not reacting sooner. It made for a mixture of sweetness and passion in that line. smile

And finally, there's the extremely waffy epilogue-scene, which gives our heroes some romantic relief.

This story is going straight to my Kerth folder. Reading it was a real pleasure throughout, as it had just the right mixture of angst, humour and romance. There was witty dialogue in almost every scene, beautiful and often heartwrenching introspection, and very romantic lines and scenes.

Last but not least, thank you, Wendy, for your sweet words in the first post of this comments folder. I'm the one who is grateful to you - I didn't have time to BR the story as I usually do, but you still agreed to paste your new scenes to me on irc and listened to my sometimes rambling comments as I read. And you bore with me yelling at you when things got very complicated for our heroes, or when a sweet kiss was interrupted. smile

So... maybe I should start nagging for DBA now. Oops, wait, I've already started. Maybe I should continue then. laugh

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~