Huge thanks to Jessi, Jana, Jojo and Jenn for all their help and encouragement. (This sentence was brought to you by the letter J....)
It's about time we had a sentence brought to us by the letter J. laugh

"Oh, I don't know..." he said, a lopsided smile on his lips and a sparkle of amusement in his eyes. "How about being hung by your feet, several yards above the ground and--"

"Well, obviously, if you're going to cite examples where my life is in danger..."
Lara, as I told you earlier, I absolutely love this setup. You write fantastic banter that makes their chemistry just jump off the page, even when they're not a couple ...

... Or are they? wink

"I know how much to make you talk," she explained, sighing heavily. "How much is it to keep your mouth shut?"
I love this. Mad Dog Lane asking someone to keep a potential "scoop" to themselves?! Imagine if someone suggested that to her ... they'd end up in a body bag!

And I absolutely adore the ending. It reminds me of the "eight days, six hours, four minutes and two seconds" comment from Clark in "AKA Superman." blush

Of course then they go and spoil it all with Mayson Drake in The Eyes Have It, but let's pretend she doesn't exist. I usually do.
All I can say is word, Sue. Word.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"