Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Huge thanks to Jessi, Jana, Jojo and Jenn for all their help and encouragement. (This sentence was brought to you by the letter J....)
It's about time we had a sentence brought to us by the letter J. laugh

"Oh, I don't know..." he said, a lopsided smile on his lips and a sparkle of amusement in his eyes. "How about being hung by your feet, several yards above the ground and--"

"Well, obviously, if you're going to cite examples where my life is in danger..."
Lara, as I told you earlier, I absolutely love this setup. You write fantastic banter that makes their chemistry just jump off the page, even when they're not a couple ...

... Or are they? wink

"I know how much to make you talk," she explained, sighing heavily. "How much is it to keep your mouth shut?"
I love this. Mad Dog Lane asking someone to keep a potential "scoop" to themselves?! Imagine if someone suggested that to her ... they'd end up in a body bag!

And I absolutely adore the ending. It reminds me of the "eight days, six hours, four minutes and two seconds" comment from Clark in "AKA Superman." blush

Of course then they go and spoil it all with Mayson Drake in The Eyes Have It, but let's pretend she doesn't exist. I usually do.
All I can say is word, Sue. Word.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY!!! I already told you that I adore this fic but just wanted to say it here as well. I liked the set up and the cute banter between the two. ^__^

thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a pleasant way to start a day...

after November's two favorite words
LOL!

"But I'm sure we can turn it into something pleasant, if we try just a bit."
Being stuck... in a car... with Clark...? Oh boy, there are a couple of pleasant things that pop into my mind, even without trying too hard...

"Well, if you don't tell them, I sure will," came a man's voice.
Ooooh, so mean of Bobby...

"Free." He opened the door and set one foot outside the Jeep. "This time. But just because I like you kids."
Awwwww!

Clark took a quick peek at his wristwatch. "Three weeks," he began, leaning in closer to Lois with each new word, "five days, three hours, forty-two minutes... "
And another awww!
And I wouldn't have been surprised if Clark had had some sort of inner clock that tells him without having to check his watch wink

And in case anyone wonders, assuming that Lois and Clark starting dating on December 25th, this would mean that this story takes place ("Three weeks, five days, three hours, forty-two minutes" later) on January 20th, 1995.
So that means we missed celebrating their...um... 12th getting-a-couple anniversary? Oh, shoot...

Perhaps not the most exciting date in the history of the world, but one I happen to like nevertheless.
I'm with you there.

Great story, wonderful punchline!

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Lara,

I love this story and, like Jenn, I love the banter between Lois and Clark. It's so them! wink

Oh, and I love your reasoning on the girlfriend theory. smile

And even if 'you-who-will-not-be-remembered' did appear, it could still make sense.

It would explain Lois' intense dislike of Mayson, and even if Lois and Clark were seeing each other, I kinda think Lois might go through a period of skittishness, when she realized she was getting into real commitment. So maybe she backs off a bit... and that would also explain the introduction of the male version of those best forgotten. wink

Yours Jenni

Columnist
Columnist
"Gosh darn it. D'you know how much money some of us have riding on this?"
rotflol This just brouht tears in my eyes, from laughter ofcourse wink

A gasp of surprise came from the backseat of the car. "Well, if you don't tell them, I sure will," came a man's voice.
I love it when he just poppes out of nowhere.

Clark took a quick peek at his wristwatch. "Three weeks," he began, leaning in closer to Lois with each new word, "five days, three hours, forty-two minutes... "
aaawww, it's so sweet that he remembers the exact time.

Lois giggled softly, smoothing a hand on his arm. "I'd never have believed that people could be so easily fooled," she marveled. "Talk about being galactically stupid."
What an ending!! So they were dating!! smile I guesse people are easily fooled. You fooled me 'till the end because I had no idea that they were actualy dating. (love the idea though!!)

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah, so funny, Lara! I was not too surprised when Lois and Clark started kissing to cover up their real activities... yeah, yeah, been there, done that. But hey, what's this?

"Police," came an oddly familiar baritone voice. "You're not supposed to be here!"

"Lane?" he asked, a touch of amusement in his voice. He bent down a bit further and moved the beam of his flashlight around, inside the Jeep.

"Detecti--" Lois started, but was cut off immediately.

"And Kent!" the man announced, holding the light in Clark's face. "Well, well, well! Isn't that nice!"
They have been caught kissing by the police!!! Now that is certainly new!!

And it gets worse...

"Look, Detective Wo--"

"So, you guys are finally going out together, huh?" he interrupted. If he had sounded amused a moment ago, he seemed downright giddy now.
The police are interested in whether Lois and Clark are going out together? eek

"No, seriously." Lois sighed. "Look, we just saw someone coming at us and thought we'd be more likely to be ignored if we looked like we were engaged in... you know... something amorous."

"Really?" he asked dubiously, flashing the light in Clark's face again. But Clark just shrugged, having learned long ago that it was best to let Lois do all the talking in a case like this. "Gosh darn it. D'you know how much money some of us have riding on this?"
Some of the police officers have money riding on Lois and Clark's love life??? eek eek eek

"Why would anybody do that?" she asked, frowning. "Putting money down on someone else's love life. What kind of a sick game is that? Couldn't they find anything better to amuse themselves?"

"We could put a stop to it easily enough, you know," he said, cautiously. "We could just tell them. And it would all be over..."
Tell them what???

A gasp of surprise came from the backseat of the car. "Well, if you don't tell them, I sure will," came a man's voice.

Both Clark and Lois turned to look towards the intruder. "Bobby!" they exclaimed, almost simultaneously, having recognized one of their best informants.
Bobby!!!! Bobby Bigmouth!!! Bobby Bigmouth has been sitting in the backseat of the car, watching Lois and Clark kiss!!! And not even Clark heard him!!!

This is crazy, Lara! But darn it, it is so deliciously funny, too!!! rotflol

"We should probably let the secret out, then, I suppose." She sighed. "It's a wonder no one seems to have figured it out yet. I mean... it's been, what? Three weeks?"

They are dating! Really! And Clark knows exactly, to the minute, how long it has been since they decided to be serious with their relationship! That's absolutely adorable!! sloppy

What a completely darling, original fic, Lara! <happy sigh>

But hey, what's this?

And with this, I bid you farewell. Someone's been waiting for me, in the dark recesses of an underground cave, on the other side of the bay, in Gotham City and I fear his patience is starting to wear a little thin.
Lara, you're leaving? frown Didn't I always say that the Dark Knight was a home wrecker? Where is the crossed over Batman gremlin?

Ann

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Very nice way to start my Saturday. smile Thanks, Lara. Yep, the police conversation was definitely very very funny! I also liked the subtle way Clark mentioned Lois' past escapades that has her needing him well him as Superman and yet neither of them brought up the caped hero. clap

Mona

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great story. And the surprise ending. Never saw that one coming.

When I watched Season's Greedings again, a couple weeks ago, I found myself wondering how likely it might be that Lois and Clark had started dating right then and there. I mean, the ending.... come on! And then I found a couple of things in the two following episodes which could potentially support my theory:
a) in the script for Metallo, when they're at the hotdog stand, Clark tells the woman to hold the onions because he wants "his girlfriend to kiss him" – well, I don't know about anyone else, but to me, this kind of implies he's got one!
b) at the very end of Chi of Steel, Martha says about Lois, "she's family" – not she like family... no, no, she is family. Kinda screams girlfriend to me, that.
I'm sorry to put a damper into this theory, wonderful as it may be. I've just listened to the DVD and compared it the script . The cut all references to a girlfriend. But that doesn't change me liking this interpretation quite a lot.

On a side note. Something I noticed while checking out the references:
from Chi
LOIS: Beginner's nothing. Mr. Kent, I haven't had Chinese food this good since... I've never had Chinese food this good.
I guess Lois is just being polite, or did the House of Hunan really beat the Shanghai original from the Pilot?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What a nice story. It had banter, snuggles and Bobby Bigmouth. What more could a woman want?

But what were November's two words? And what was the significance of the date?

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Heeeee! Thank you all for the comments!! sloppy

You write fantastic banter that makes their chemistry just jump off the page, even when they're not a couple ...
awwww! Thanks Jenn! I fear I've lost it a little bit, though - where banter is concerned anyway. I've been writing so much dark and angty stuff recently, that amusing and cute just doesn't really come naturally anymore. This said, maybe it's all in my head. wink I'm glad you liked it!!

Jojo - thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed! (I love your cute little dancing icon, btw!)

Being stuck... in a car... with Clark...? Oh boy, there are a couple of pleasant things that pop into my mind, even without trying too hard...
LOL! Yeah, I could think of a few, too. teehee!

And I wouldn't have been surprised if Clark had had some sort of inner clock that tells him without having to check his watch
I believe he does, too. But since Lois doesn't actually know that he's Superman, he glanced at his watch, first. wink

Great story, wonderful punchline!
Heeeeeee! Thank you, Jana! sloppy

Hi Jenni - thanks for the comments! I'm glad you think my reasoning made sense. And I think it might work, too, even if Mayson shows up in the next episode and all... Love how you put this "the male version of those best forgotten" - perfect way of describing it!!

Camy - thank you! smile I'm glad I made you giggle and that the ending took you by surprise. I hoped it might have that effect.

They have been caught kissing by the police!!! Now that is certainly new!!
LOL! Good! I'm glad it is! I thought it might be amusing to have that happen to them. See, I know a couple who this happened to in the past (in fact, I know the girl really, awfully well... ahum...)

"We could put a stop to it easily enough, you know," he said, cautiously. "We could just tell them. And it would all be over..."
---------------
Tell them what???
OK... I changed the line in the story because it obviously wasn't as clear as I thought it was. I changed it to "We could tell them the truth." -- see, the thing is, as you know now, they're already going out together. And that bit of dialog is what's supposed to make Bobby understand that they are. So... hopefully it's clearer now. smile

Lara, you're leaving? Didn't I always say that the Dark Knight was a home wrecker? Where is the crossed over Batman gremlin?
Not going away forever, Ann. Really, I'm not. Only, I have Batman stories that I started writing and Bruce really wants me to finish them. wink So, I'll be off on "vacation" for a bit. But I got myself "dragged" into writing some cross-overs, so you can expect to see those sometime in the future.

Mona - thank you for the comments, I'm glad you liked the story!

Michael - thanks! smile I know the episode itself is different from the script. That's why I specified that the line was from "the script for Metallo" -- mind you, in neither of these episodes (which I did watch before writing this) I found anything that would have me believe that they are *not* dating. They may or may not be, when you see the episodes, it's kind of "viewer's choice" in a way - nothing to tell you they are, but nothing to tell you they aren't. Maybe they're keeping the secret from us. wink

I guess Lois is just being polite, or did the House of Hunan really beat the Shanghai original from the Pilot?
You know... I wondered about that, too. I don't see how it could beat the food from the pilot... maybe she's just forgotten about it? wink

Elisabeth - thank you so much for the comments!!
But what were November's two words? And what was the significance of the date?
November's favorite words are "The End" -- you know, when they come up at the end of one's NaNo novel. *giggles* I can tell you I most definitely loved those.

As for the date... um... blush See, I wanted this to be before The Eyes Have It which originally aired on January 22nd, 1995. So, I picked 01/20/1995 as a date for the story (because I could) -- that's the date of my 25th birthday. That's all... Like I said, perhaps not the most exciting date in the history of the world, but one I happen to like nevertheless. wink

Thanks again to everyone for your comments. I really appreciate them!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This said, maybe it's all in my head. I'm glad you liked it!!
It is all in your head. It came across beautifully, even if you did have to work a little harder for it.

As for the birthday, I get all nostalgic about being twenty-five. I just loved being a quarter. <SIGH>

Elisabeth
who still looks good even with gray hairs creeping in

Kerth
Kerth
Ohmigosh! A Lara story! A Lara story for me!
Since she hadn't mentioned who – apart from Bobby Bigmouth – she wanted to see in the story, I immediately considered giving her Batman.
Well, since it is the *Lois and Clark* fanfic boards, I just assumed… Silly me. :p
"And all this time I thought it was so you could have someone to boss around."
Heh. That's exactly why she keeps him around.
But Clark just shrugged, having learned long ago that it was best to let Lois do all the talking in a case like this.
That made me laugh *so* hard. The boy can be taught. laugh
"Clark, do you think it's true?" she cut in abruptly.

"Do I think what's true?" he asked, uncertain what she was referring to so suddenly.
I love that even his quick and agile mind can't keep up with hers. Love, also, that Bobby can sneak into the backseat unnoticed by Clark when his mind is entirely focused on kissing Lois. thumbsup

Thank you, Lara. I love it! I like the angle that they started dating on Christmas Eve, it really would "fit". I love that Clark is keeping track of exactly how long they've been dating. And I know what January 20 is. wink
Someone's been waiting for me, in the dark recesses of an underground cave, on the other side of the bay, in Gotham City and I fear his patience is starting to wear a little thin.
Normally, that would sound a little ominous. But, in this case, I know how much you enjoy pushing his buttons. wink

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Columnist
Columnist
I'm here! drool drool

The entire part with the detective totally cracked me up. Especially when they're talking about the bets on when they'll get together. Don't they know everyone wants them to be together??

"We could put a stop to it easily enough, you know," he said, cautiously. "We could just tell them the truth. And it would all be over..."
Hehe! Yes, tell them! Didn't see that one coming. (Well I did this time, but it's like my fourth time reading it. The first was a surprise, though!)

"Three weeks," he began, leaning in closer to Lois with each new word, "five days, three hours, forty-two minutes... "
*Dreamy sigh* The counting the minutes thing is a pretty common LnC theme, but it's just as adorable every single time! I love it.

Lois giggled softly, smoothing a hand on his arm. "I'd never have believed that people could be so easily fooled," she marveled. "Talk about being galactically stupid."
LOL! I love your supporting evidence. Darn them tricking us like that. grumble

Another great one! I'll miss your LnC work, but you know I'll be happy to read anything you write!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*hugs* Thanks girls!

I'm glad you liked it, Sue, since I wrote it for you. sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard