Great story. And the surprise ending. Never saw that one coming.

When I watched Season's Greedings again, a couple weeks ago, I found myself wondering how likely it might be that Lois and Clark had started dating right then and there. I mean, the ending.... come on! And then I found a couple of things in the two following episodes which could potentially support my theory:
a) in the script for Metallo, when they're at the hotdog stand, Clark tells the woman to hold the onions because he wants "his girlfriend to kiss him" – well, I don't know about anyone else, but to me, this kind of implies he's got one!
b) at the very end of Chi of Steel, Martha says about Lois, "she's family" – not she like family... no, no, she is family. Kinda screams girlfriend to me, that.
I'm sorry to put a damper into this theory, wonderful as it may be. I've just listened to the DVD and compared it the script . The cut all references to a girlfriend. But that doesn't change me liking this interpretation quite a lot.

On a side note. Something I noticed while checking out the references:
from Chi
LOIS: Beginner's nothing. Mr. Kent, I haven't had Chinese food this good since... I've never had Chinese food this good.
I guess Lois is just being polite, or did the House of Hunan really beat the Shanghai original from the Pilot?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.