"Buss" is an archaic word for "kiss". Just so you know
I know what that means!!

What would he taste like? She couldn't remember - didn't think she had even paid attention - the first couple of times she had kissed him. But those weren't real kisses - they were only improvised to save their lives or to maintain a ruse.
Silly woman…

Angry with him for lying, but mostly angry with herself for being so completely blind.
There it is… The reason she gets so angry… at herself…

Just as quickly her emotions turned to hurt - not that he had lied, but that he had misjudged her as much as she had misjudged him.
I don’t know… Did he, Lois? Would have you have been so calm if you hadn’t had those conversations with Kal-El?

"I don't want to be." She swallowed and blinked. "Am I really so scary that you thought you couldn't tell me?"

Clark hesitated. "No." That wasn't true, he couldn't lie to her anymore. "Yes." Then, quickly, he amended it to, "Sometimes."
Oh, yeah. A fiery tornado.

The thought struck her that maybe he had purposefully left the rose where she could find it.
Did he?

Lois looked into his eyes and wished she could be caught forever in this moment.
Awww…

She felt the whisper of his breath first and then the touch of his mouth against her barely parted lips. His lips moved, settling over her upper lip. His broad hand slipped to the back of her head, holding her in place for the first airy touch of his tongue against her lip. Then his head tilted, a coaxing motion that persuaded her mouth to open. His tongue slid against hers and she could taste something faintly sweet. She tried to place it - was it the cream soda he had been drinking? His open mouth leaned down on hers, his tongue becoming more demanding in its slow search of her.
Oh, wow, Sue. That’s hot.

She couldn't kiss him again until she could feel more in control of the situation.
Always in control, Lois.

She reached up to touch his face, letting her thumb glide across that full lower lip that had been distracting her for days, weeks, months. "Prove it."
I’ll be looking for that next story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~