Boy, I feel unimpressive goofy

I started but didn't finish college, and have mostly worked in clerical positions. Well, apart from the last nine years, when I stayed home with my kids. I'm back in the workforce now, since just before my husband lost *his* job. I was a secretary before my son was born, and I thought I'd go back to that, but with one thing and another I remembered the courses I'd had in accounting, and now I'm in accounts receivable. It's kind of tedious, but I like tedious laugh so it suits me just fine. Nice people to work with *and* I can wear jeans every day.

Pretty soon, though, my husband and I will be buying a franchise & running our own business. As soon as we get the financing lined up. Kelley's just gotten a new job last week, and for some reason, the bank was reluctant to lend huge sums of money to unemployed people. Go figure. Once we've got a paystub in hand, we'll be able to go forward with it.

I'm really looking forward to it -- and only a little bit terrified wink But with so many companies insisting on college degrees that we haven't got, owning our own seemed like the way to go.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K