I think you forgot the most all-inclusive catagory of job. That of the wage-slave. I imagine you felt that you covered all the non-technical jobs with your 'tradesperson' category, but your examples belied that. A plumber, electrician, or builder is actually a skilled profession that takes a lot of training to become proficient at.

What you don't have are those of us who work the 'unskilled' blue-collar jobs. Even though the current administration has been trying to send all the manufacturing and basic production jobs overseas there are still some assembly line type jobs out there as well as service and manual labor jobs.

Myself, I spend long hours unloading furniture parts from trucks, checking them in, putting them away, then pulling them off racks and loading them on different trucks.

I was a mathematics major at the University of Minnesota's Insitute of Technology but due to financial pressures had to leave before I completed my senior year. I never made it back and have spent my life in 'jobs for a paycheck' rather than an acutal profession. Just a cautionary note to those who are currently in school. Do what you have to do... but finish.

Tank (who has made some money as a musician, but nowhere near enough to even pay for the equipment and expenses incurred by a gig)