#20 Dirt - Stuart Woods

Normally the rich and famous bed-hopping and gossiping about it, Jackie Collins-esque plot doesn't interest me, but I actually really enjoyed this. Again, the plot made a nice change from the usual plot of this kind of book and the characters made a big difference. I'm really looking forward to reading more in the series now.

#21 The Sharing Knife: Beguilement - Lois McMaster Bujold

This one suffered just a little - like The Hallowed Hunt - from not enough action and lots of talking. But it helps if the talk is interesting. I found the Lakewalker culture fascinating and our heroes charming and engaging, but I still would like some stronger antagonists and more action next time around. Keen to find out what happens next though.

Now my only problem is that I've spent quite a bit on books lately and really need to put a breathing space into my finances before I buy any more. :p But my fingers are itching now to buy the next in these series, so I may not hold long to my promise. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers