#19 Dead In The Water - Stuart Woods

I really did enjoy this one. The plot was fascinating, I liked the St. Marks setting as something out of the ordinary and enjoyed the court-room shenanigans. (Sue, have you ever read any of Richard North Patterson's books? He does great mystery/court-room novels. One of my favourites is Silent Witness.)

One thing I do have to say - Stone Barrington couldn't have been much of a cop. laugh He seemed to miss what I thought of as a lot of very obvious clues to the truth of things. I spent a lot of this one thinking "But, he could have..." and "But, wouldn't he be...?"

But, still, that doesn't matter much. I've grown fond enough of our hero, flaws intact, that I'll definitely continue to read more about him. Especially considering the ending of this one! Now I HAVE to buy the next book in line! goofy And to the extent that Dirt arrived in the mail this morning and I'm feeling slightly resentful that I can't settle down with it as I have housework to do.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers