Thanks for the recommendations, Patrick. Both look interesting and I'll certainly check them out. Certainly, the MV one looks much more in line with my current reading tastes, so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

Although, for the moment, all other reading is on hold as my copy of The Hallowed Hunt hit the doormat this morning. laugh So I've been squeeing a lot and running around in little excited circles. dance I'm looking forward to settling down this afternoon by the fire with that and some nice homemade chicken noodle and leek soup.

I know that the MV novels have a large amount of fans out there - many of them here on these mbs - and it definitely wasn't a lack of writing quality that put me off the one I read. I just get bored easily with spaceships and laserguns these days. I suspect that had I read it ten or twenty years ago, I might have really enjoyed it. Back in my phase of reading Harry Harrison and Bob Shaw and Harlan Ellison. Who knows, in the future, I might revive that interest.

I think the one I read might have been Shards of Honor, actually. Although I could be way off base there, it was a long time back. But that's the only title that resonates in my memory when I look at the list.

BTW, which site do those links come from? The left-hand menu is reminiscent of a book resource I have bookmarked and use quite a bit, but I've never seen excerpts there. Although, admittedly, I still have a lot of exploring to do there. Do you have a link to the homepage of your site? Is it Fantastic Fiction ?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers