25. The Day We Found The Universe by Marcia Bartusiak. An interesting history of the revolution in astronomy from about 1890-1935 or thereabouts, when leading astronomers discovered nebulas, Cepheid variables, the expanding universe, the theory of relativity, and other things that helped us understand the size of the universe. It's not just the Milky Way anymore, folks! Better than I'm making it sound.

And LabRat - I have to agree with you on "Wizard of Earthsea" - it's a yawner. Strange, because I really liked Ursula LeGuin's other book, the classic "The Left Hand of Darkness", set on Winter, the planet where all the people are hermaphrodites. (They come into kemmer, or sexual receptivity, about once a month. They may be male or female that month.)

It's told from the POV of the Ekumen Ambassador who is sent there to bring them into the fold. As he says, "There, one is not judged as male or female, merely as a person. It is an appalling experience." (Not sure I have the quote right but it's something like that.)

I also liked Le Guin's "Four Ways To Forgiveness" and if anyone has read that, let me know what you thought about it.