Well, some of you are obviously mind-readers. Others of you, all evidence points in this direction, have clearly pirated my HD. So fun! And so tricky to respond to.

First thing: Sci-Fi Grammer.

Replica/Replicate/Replicant. Or... the porridge is too hot/too cold/just right. And if I had done my homework- made so easy for me by the very generous Annette's provision of script links- I would have realized sooner!

Other things too good not to note:

Starting with

What is going on?! Where *are* they? How can it be off the Utopia radar?

Where in tarnation ARE they?
Oh, the theories are sooo good. Loved seeing them. And... that's all I'm saying.

I am wondering why the world isn't just dissapearing since Lois and Clark are missing from there own time.
Glad you asked, Laura! We'll get there, but I owe a debt of gratitude to Sci-Fi Theory consultants extraordinare, Tank and Labrat, who never ran out of patience as I bounced my ideas off them. And well that they could have. "Oh no, her again?"

It's like Tempus is a one-man employment agency; because of him, all those other people have jobs as Peacekeepers or as ancillary Peacekeeper staff.
Gads, Toc. We're... twins, right? That's all I can figure.

And as to when they are, are they in the current present? The Peacekeepers' present? Would that make the soul trackers glitch out? That could explain Tempus's "place so obvious",

They are going to hate Utopia as much as Tempus!!
I have no comment on either of these. Just... here's the nail, here's the hammer, see if you can hit it square on the head.

But that's all I'm saying. wink

And speaking of nailing it:
Never mind whether or not the penny will drop for Lois - in fact, there are several pennies to be dropped, aren't there? - I think she's going to deck somebody before too long!
Not long at all, Wendy! In fact, just as soon as part three goes up!

Last few things, I promise.

From KathyB:

It's fandom played out as tourist theater played out as fanfic.
Oh, my gosh! Yes!! And I had a little too much fun with this element. It will pop up more than once.

Also:
And I just have to mention my appreciation of the "Graceland" aspect of it all
That's just... exactly right.

And then,

but it was awfully witty of Tempus to send Lois and Clark to a time and place where there are lots of "Loises" and "Clarks / Supermen". Gives a whole new dimension to the phrase "hiding in plain sight."
Love that observation! Keep it in mind as we move along.

And thank you to *all* who read and commented! I can't say well enough how much I appreciate it. Remember that little kiss from me... sloppy
and maybe treat yourself to a little something nice. It's on me.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank