Tempus, who was barely visible under the large pile of coworkers who had dived onto him in the instant it had taken their heroes to disappear.
rotflol rotflol

This is great!! Fast-paced, funny, and riveting. I love the almost caricatured descriptions of Tempus and the Peacekeepers. I love the tongue-in-cheek discussion/lectures Lois and Clark are having, with her trying to pry stuff out of him, and giving him advice at the same time as to how to conceal that same stuff... And he's acting more and more Clark-like, more and more familiar with her as they interact. I've always wondered if Lois would have figured out Clark's secret faster and earlier if he'd spent more time with her initially. By the time they were interacting regularly as Lois and Superman, her preconceptions (misconceptions?) were set in concrete and she saw what she expected to see. But in the beginning, if he hadn't been remote with her, maybe she would have tumbled to the whole CK=S thing right away.

-----

She gathered her robes and squatted down close enough to look Tempus in the eyes.
Madge waited. She knew he would tell her. He always did. Eventually.
Madge got comfortable.
I enjoyed these descriptions of the "interrogation"... you can tell they've all done this before, over and over and over and over... It's like Tempus is a one-man employment agency; because of him, all those other people have jobs as Peacekeepers or as ancillary Peacekeeper staff. Pretty funny!

And the over-the-top DP museum... as TEEEEEEEJ says, once Lois and Clark figure out where they are,
Tempus is going to make them so disgusted with their future they are just going to say "the heck with it"
And as to when they are, are they in the current present? The Peacekeepers' present? Would that make the soul trackers glitch out? That could explain Tempus's "place so obvious", except for the part about the one place that unravels all Utopia. Unless we go back to TEEEEEEEJ's comment above...

I'm looking forward to your next installment!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler