But WOW what an excerpt. I hope you'll be posting that on the original fic site sometime soon.

BTW, I happily got to 18,334 words earlier today, whooped it up and put the word count into the Excel spreadsheet... only to have it tell me that I was a little behind but if I wrote 1666 words tomorrow I could catch up. So, the corrected function for D8 should read

=IF{A10<=NOW{},IF{B44>0,IF{B44>C6,"You're done!",IF{B44>{SUM{C6/30}*{30-F44}},"You're on track to complete on time.","You're falling a little behind. But don't worry, just try to write "&INT{M44}&" words a day and you'll still make it."}},"Let's get writing!"},"NaNoWriMo begins in "&INT{A10-NOW{}}&" days. When it starts, this bar will give you a quick report on your progress so far."}

The only problem is that the boards won't let me put in parenthesis, so all of them were substituted with { or }. Sheesh!

I know it's horrendous. I modified what was there. The mistake was that I had to write 1667 words today in order for it to realize that I wasn't behind.

There's another problem with it that I can't wrap my brain around yet. If you skip a day writing, it can't figure out the basic math of how many words written today. Not very important, but it bugs me nonetheless.

Elisabeth
PS Symbolic, if you get stuck you can just write something like, "In his alcoholic stupor Aiden couldn't get the stupid song out of his brain. 'Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall. Ninety-nin bottles of beer.' laugh "