It's amazing how much different you write when you finally release the need to write well and just write. The word count comes from writing with the five senses, as well as including thoughts and feelings.

Yes, it's doable.

Last year I started writing about a week into the process. Oh, I started on day one, but the story wasn't working. Every time I wrote I realized I was writing the same story I had just finished. The setting was different, but the emotional journey was identical. I struggled against that so much that I eventually quit, started over with a new story. My 5-yr-old daughter was talking at the table one time about what a great story idea she had. I told her it was a fantastic idea, but I couldn't write it because I was writing my novel. So one day I threw out my old, not working novel and picked up her story idea. I hit 50K on November 30.

You're only a week in. It's still very doable. Not only doable, with diligence it's probable. Why? Because you obviously care very deeply about it. Passionate people get things done.

Elisabeth
PS I don't have you on my buddies list. What's your UserID #?