Okay, small preamble this time around. wink

I'll confess that I'm using you gentle readers to experiment on with this segment (hey, makes a change from the rat being on the receiving end).

The use of ellipses and truncated sentences here to denote Lois and Clark's breathlessness bugs me a tad. If it were up to me, I'd lose that formatting and just have normal, uninterrupted dialogue and just denote the breathlessness in the narrative alone. But I felt that was kind of a cop out and if it was mentioned in the narrative it should be shown in the dialogue.

Which is where you guys come in. <g> Did those dialogue pauses bug you? Would you prefer they weren't there? Would you think it was cheating if they weren't? Or wouldn't you notice/care either way? Do let me know here, won't you? And I'll adjust the final file if necessary for the Archive. Thanks! smile

Oh, and since - amazingly enough and way beyond the call of duty - practically the first thing Wendy did when she got back online last night was send me her beta file for that final scene...plus that she didn't shoot it down in flames <g>...I should now be able to speed up my posting schedule. No major rewrites - thumbsup

I'm still thinking about what that new schedule will be (sorry, but haven't had breakfast yet and the brain is sluggish right now...) But when I think of what it will be, I'll let you know. wink

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers