Oh, Katrinalee... where are you? smile

Looks like the anonymnity questions have been pretty well hashed-out (for the record, I doubt anyone was worried about their work being recognized by a casual acquaintance; you may not know this, but a few short years ago, there were some pretty angry people flaming each other over various issues, including how much introspection to use in any given story. Those wounds aren't quite healed yet, so we're cautious to avoid repeating the quarrel.)

Apart from that, though, there were some other questions, too. Maybe you've decided to leave those unaddressed, but it seems more likely to me that they've gotten lost amidst the other discussion. So I took the liberty of going through the thread and listing them here. I figure it might be easier to answer, this way. smile

1. Why only stories from 2001 onwards?

2. Do stories submitted to the cooking story category need to contain a recipe?

3. What is the deadline for this months' competition? When do we need to get our story titles submitted by?

4. What's a submission cycle? And is there going to be a finalized list of categories so authors know when they should plan on submitting their story? I mean, if story X could be submitted in three or four categories, the author might want to decide which categories s/he has the best chance in and only submit to those.

5. Is each judge expected to read every story in a category? Or, if not, are scores from different judges going to be normalized somehow to allow for different judges' biases?

6. Will the judges change for each category?

7. Are there any GEs on the panel for the current category?

8. Can you apply to be a judge?

9. Will each individual author receive a copy of all the judging sheets, so he/she can review the comments and know where the problems/successes were in the story?

10. How strict are the word count guidelines? If a vignette strays over the 1,500 word limit, will it be disqualified? Or will it just have points deducted from the total score? Is there some room for movement?

I understand these things can take a little thought. Speaking as a K-Com member, I'm quite certain that at least some of those questions were unexpected, but that's the fun of interacting with all these empowered FOLCs. They're ornery little critters! goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K