“Ms. Lane, the Seaborne Clinic wants to make sure that no outside influences tempt our guests back into their old bad habits. Our recidivism rates are very low,” the woman explained.
You have no recidivism if none of the patients live to leave, due to having gone crazy while on the inside.

Can you hold, please?”
Yes, he pleading is paying off.

“Yes,” Lois said. She glanced out of the window of her LNN office, hoping her desperation might cause Clark to do a flyby to lift her spirits. No such luck.
Sadness at no Clark.

“Thank you for holding,” the woman said, returning to the line a few minutes later. “I’m sorry, but nobody with either of those names has checked into our clinic within the last month.”
Sadness.

“Hello, Ms. Lane. It’s Mrs. Cox.
Gag.

Mr. Luthor asked me to remind you of your two o’clock appointment in his office,”
Skip it, skip it, skip it.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Lane, but Lex didn’t contact me regarding the matter,” Mrs. Cox said,
Good, now Mrs. Cox knows that Luthor does not confide in her about everything.

Lois: I wonder if he told her about his bunker plan.

She had no idea why the man had summoned her to his office but,
All the more reason she should refuse to go.

nothing would accomplish that faster than a change in groom.
It would be special with Clark?

Granted, he had only been untrue to Alice because he was drugged on Miranda’s Revenge perfume, and he had only cheated with his heart not his body,
But Lois was true to Clark in all ways all through the Revenge time. Although her going on the date with Luthor at that point really didn't look like being true to Clark.

Then, again, Clark was a different type of man than Lois had dated before, and not just because he flew.
Yes, Lois is starting to consider marrying Clark. We are making progress.

Maybe it was for the best that it had disappeared. Things were going well with Clark, and, at least, there would be no physical evidence of her ever having begged a man for forgiveness.
I so hope we learn what the note said.

it didn’t mean she would breathlessly submit to his will over and over in a tangle of hot sweaty sheets every single night for the rest of her life.
Clark: Well, I wouldn't expect that after you get pregnant.

With a sigh, Lois glanced at her computer screen and saw that her few minutes of time to make the call had been eaten up with daydreaming about Clark.
Yes, she is focusing on the most important things.

John Pack Lambert