Originally posted by Christina:
He could, but he just doesn't have as strong of a will as Martha Kent or Lois, I guess.
Herb? No, sirree.

Well they could always ALMOST consummate, couldn't they? The world at large (and close to them) wouldn't know, would they? I know they've gotten pretty close before this, didn't they? Maybe a millimeter closer to that line wouldn't hurt.

Lois: *nods her head enthusiastically*
Clark: /help/
CLARK: I'm a little confused how one would be able to *almost* do that. Where is the line between almost and consummation, exactly? Can someone draw me a diagram?
I just had a sudden thought about this scene:
“About that,” Herb said, setting down his cup again. “I traveled to Brazil and met with this Padre Carlos you mentioned.”

“And?” Clark leaned forward. “Do you agree with me that he’s the reincarnated embodiment of this dimension’s Clark?”

“I must say that there is a striking resemblance. Although, I had to travel forward in time to judge him properly, as he is currently still recovering in hospital from his recent attack,” Herb explained.
Doesn't HG have the soul tracker? Wouldn't he be able to find out if it is, indeed Clark reincarnated?
Since the soul tracker takes someone back to the previous incarnations of that soul, he would have to find the next obvious True Clark soul in this dimension (in the future) and track back to Padre Carlos. He can't track Carlos's soul back because Herb can't go back further than May 1966 in this dimension due to the broken timeline. Good idea, though. smile1 (You had me sweating there for a minute.)

Also this:
Herb had felt so guilty about what he had discovered regarding the Miss Lane from this Clark’s home universe. Certainly, her circumstances prior to her death had been dire; there was no doubt about that in Herb’s mind. She hadn’t followed quite the same path as the Lois from Herb’s home universe, or even this universe’s Miss Lane, but he had witnessed good in her. Had he been too hasty in dismissing Clark’s ability in redeeming her? Herb considered again everything that he knew concerning that Miss Lane and decided that ‘no’ his decision regarding her had been the correct one. She would have done nothing, but bring ruin upon Clark’s life, his emotional well-being, and upon Superman’s reputation had they figured out a way to bring her forward in time.
from the previous chapter stuck with me.

The Lois from that world wasn't good for the Alt-Clark, even if she was saved. I want to think that she was re-incarnated and is making up for her sins (whatever they are) in the previous incarnation. Should "Sister/Mother Lois" meet Padre Carlos, I suspect the match would be complete. Unlike their "sibling soulmates" however I suspect their relationship would remain of the chaste variety. There is more than one kind of love after all.
True. Keep in mind that what Herb considers "unredeemable", being a man from the 19th century, may very well be different from what Clark thinks or knows a modern day woman can survive or come back from. If you recall from "Another Lois", Herb thought that this Lois truly had gone insane due to losing her Clark, which is why he thought bring Alt-Clark here would be beneficial to both of them.

Then, again, Herb knows Alt-Lois's circumstances far better than you. /And I know them far better than him. help the spoilage police are crossing their arms and giving me the evil eye.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.