Lois shook her head. Her knees went weak, causing her to sink onto the settee next to him. Never once had Lex opened up to her as he was now.
help Was she having the postman on the kitchen table?

My father had poured our telephone bill money down his throat, stating it would be better for all of us if my mother didn’t fritter away her time chit-chatting to her friends, when she should be tending the house.”
He sure does not sound like a very nice husband, does he?
LEX: Ari was right. Always show your chosen bride that she could pick much worse than you. That way, she’ll appreciate what she has in you.
LOIS: A ticket to the Pulitzer when I nail his sorry behind to a prison wall?

To this day, I have no idea if my mother died from the fire or from what my father did to her. I vowed to kill him, but he had already died by wrapping our car around a telephone pole.”
Very convenient story.
LEX: Right?

“Oh, Lex,” Lois gasped, rising to her feet. She moved the hand that was already covering her mouth in shock to his shoulder, pulling him into her arms.
clap Isn’t this romantic? Just like Richard Gere and Julia Roberts when they first met [Linked Image]

For the briefest of moments, Lois wondered what her life would be like, if Lex wasn’t a horrible megalomaniac bent on ruining everyone and everything she held dear to her, including her own life.
Boring? So boring she’d hook up with Tempus to get out of there?

That persona was so very exhausting.
LEX: /marks check box/

This blissful image shattered when she realized it was the same childish fantasy that she had created when Superman had come upon the scene.
Minus the steaming sex scenes?

Anyway, she knew for a fact that Lex was lying. About what, she wasn’t sure, but something.
Well…duh! His lips are moving.

Worse, Lex had filmed both Lois and Lucy in the privacy of their apartment without their consent.
Yes, but that’s just because he wanted to possess her.

He had hired someone to kill Clark.
Normal alpha-crimimale behavior?

By giving her that horrible watch and by coating her engagement ring with Kryptonite, Lex could have just as easily killed her as well as Superman.
If she’s in the air, cavorting with another man, then that’s her fault?

He had destroyed the Daily Planet; for what reason, Lois couldn’t fathom.
Insurance fraud.

Lex had given Lois no proof whatsoever that he wasn’t holding her mother hostage, let alone that Ellen Lane was still alive.
Yes, but it would still be best if she didn’t anger him under those circumstances.

so that she’d finally be able to tell him what her true opinion of him was.
Does she really want to hand Lex a paperbag filled with some dog droppings?

“But… what if you… you change your mind? While you stay here, your universe continues on without you,” Herb sputtered.
Well, it’s not got a pure Lois, either, so…

I promised Lois that I wouldn’t leave Earth, or namely this universe, until after her death,”
LEX: [Linked Image]

“Yes. Even if Lois and I can never have a fully…” Clark cleared his throat. “— intimate relationship, I will not return to my dimension until after she has died.”
Couldn’t Herb put Clark into the right time in his own dimension after his replacement-love-of-his-live has passed on?

“I’d become a nervous wreck if you showed up every three months to remind me once again of what Lois and I can’t have.”
Herb’s got to have a hobby, too?

“I’ll take a one percent chance over no chance any day,” Clark said
EPRAD DUDS: See? What we said with Nightfall!

for now, we’re doing the best we can with stolen moments once or twice a week.”
Is that what you call secret romps on the washing machine?

“That might be another thing to refrain from mentioning to my universe’s Lois and Clark,” Herb suggested.

Clark set his tea things in the sink with a thud and turned back to Herb. “Why?”

“Touchy subject,” Herb murmured under his breath.
Before she married Clark, she was a bit of a golddigging skank shacking up with various rich dudes.

“That Lois, the very same one who kissed me and introduced me to you?”
Need a mouth wash?

“No! Heavens, no, Clark. No. No. No,” Herb repeated. “They were never officially married.” He made a sharp cutting gesture with his hand.
Yes, but in this day and age, engaged-to-be-married couples often engage in married activities together. Sometimes, even with other people than those they’re engaged to be married-to, too.
SCORCERER’S SKANK: Just *one* time. That he caught me.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.